Koichiro has short dark brown hair that is typically tied up in a red-and-white hair tie on the top of his head.
He is usually seen with a chef's outfit on with a red scarf, his chef's hat shadowing his face to the point where it's impossible to see any facial features except his eyes.
Being a Master Chef, Koichiro is always serious whenever he's working. He has a strict and serious personality, despite that he's easy to embarrass shown when Taihei Doma complimented him as his face immediately turned red and steam started pouring out of his head with a workmate of him claiming him to be a Tsundere embarrassing him even more, much like his younger sister Nana Ebina.
He's a passionate about his occupation as a cook and even asked Taihei if he wanted to work in their restaurant, showing that he had respect towards those who knew how to cook and is good at it.
- The name Koichiro means "public, duke, prince" (公) (ko), "one" (一) (ichi) and "son" (郎) (ro).
- Koichiro's surname Ebina means "shrimp, prawn" (海老) (ebi) and "name, noted, distinguished, reputation" (名) (na).
- Taihei Doma and Koichiro met during Taihei's business trip.
- Koichiro immediately deduced that Taihei works not for himself but for someone else the first time he saw him cooking.
- Nana Ebina mentioned that Koichiro left their home when she was only seven and had not seen him or spoke to him since then.
- Ebina's hairbands for her twin-tails are the exact same pattern and color as Koichiro.